Learn to Speak
Our approach is simple. We introduce the language incrementally so you learn steadily without being overwhelmed. You participate in activities that make the language easier to understand and harder to forget. And our mobile accessible materials allow you to keep learning outside of class. More about our methods
Our lessons are available on mobile devices, computers and printed workbooks. You can review lessons, listen to audio and take quizzes while riding the bus or sitting in front of a computer. These lessons are designed to study in short bursts, excellent for people with busy schedules. More about our study tools.
Register now for Summer classes
Each class meets 10 times, once a week, for for 1.5 hours. (To register: just click on the class name)
Note: “Mandarin” is our entry/beginner level
Portland Lloyd Center
|Hanyu Feng 300||Tue||6:30 PM||09/11/2018||$150||Portland|
|Mandarin Two||Tue||6:30 PM||09/11/2018||$150||Portland|
|Zánmen Jiéhūn Ba||Tue||7:30 PM||09/11/2018||$150||Portland|
|Mandarin One||Wed||7:30 PM||09/12/2018||$150||Portland|
|Mandarin Three||Thu||6:30 PM||09/13/2018||$150||Portland|
Tutoring on your TermsNot seeing the class you need? Not finding something that fits your schedule? We can arrange a tutor to fit your schedule and address specific needs. See our tutoring options
Mandarin Courses Customized for English Speakers
- Online course materials
- Printed course materials
- Teachers who leverage your talents
- Online quizzes and flashcards
- Presentation slides make it easier to grasp
- Mandarin One: In this course you will learn pronunciation, pinyin, basic grammar and something about Chinese culture. You will build a solid foundation for future study, while gaining practical language skills appropriate for everyday use in China and Taiwan. Check out a sample lesson from Mandarin One.
- Mandarin Two: Having mastered pinyin and simple grammar, the next step is to become more comfortable with sentences. We will explore more interesting grammar patterns, expand the vocabulary and learn how to engage native speakers in conversation. Check out a sample lesson from Mandarin Two.
- Mandarin Three: While continuing to build vocabulary, this class will focus on conversations that frequently occur frequently when traveling in China. You will gain more confidence in conversation and deepen your understanding of modern Chinese culture. Check out a sample lesson from Mandarin Three.