Learn to Speak
Our approach is simple. We introduce the language incrementally so you learn steadily without being overwhelmed. You participate in activities that make the language easier to understand and harder to forget. More about our methods
Online Courses with Zoom
Due to the pandemic, we will be offering our courses online with Zoom. We’ve done a couple of trial runs and the students loved it. Zoom is free for participants and it runs in your browser. No setup required. More about our study tools.
Start of Spring classes pushed out one week.
Due to the pandemic, we will start spring classes during the week starting on April 6th. Each course meets 10 times, once a week, for for 1.5 hours. (To register: just click on the class name)
Note: Mandarin classes are entry level, and Chinese classes are intermediate.
Portland Lloyd Center
|Chinese Two||Mon||6:30 PM||04/06/2020||$150||Portland|
|Hanyu Feng 500||Tue||6:30 PM||04/07/2020||$150||Portland|
|Mandarin Two||Tue||6:30 PM||04/07/2020||$150||Portland|
|Chinese One||Wed||6:30 PM||04/08/2020||$150||Portland|
|Mandarin One||Wed||6:30 PM||04/08/2020||$150||Portland|
|Hanyu Feng 1100||Thu||6:30 PM||04/09/2020||$150||Portland|
|Mandarin Three||Thu||6:30 PM||04/09/2020||$150||Portland|
Tutoring on your TermsNot seeing the class you need? Not finding anything that fits your schedule? We can arrange a tutor to fit your schedule and address specific needs. See our tutoring options
Mandarin Courses Customized for English Speakers
- Online course materials
- Printed course materials
- Teachers who leverage your talents
- Online quizzes and flashcards
- Presentation slides make it easier to grasp
- Mandarin One: In this course you will learn pronunciation, pinyin, basic grammar and something about Chinese culture. You will build a solid foundation for future study, while gaining practical language skills appropriate for everyday use in China and Taiwan. Check out a sample lesson from Mandarin One.
- Mandarin Two: Having mastered pinyin and simple grammar, the next step is to become more comfortable with sentences. We will explore more interesting grammar patterns, expand the vocabulary and learn how to engage native speakers in conversation. Check out a sample lesson from Mandarin Two.
- Mandarin Three: While continuing to build vocabulary, this class will focus on conversations that frequently occur frequently when traveling in China. You will gain more confidence in conversation and deepen your understanding of modern Chinese culture. Check out a sample lesson from Mandarin Three.